– Born in Locarno, Switzerland in 1972
– Schools in Gordola and Highschool in Locarno, Switzerland
– Study of Physics at the ETH, Zürich, Switzerland
– PhD in Theoretical Physics at the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
DESY Laboratory, Zeuthen, Germany, 1999
Thesis on "The Static Potential in the SU(2) Higgs Model"
– Postdoc at University of Colorado, Boulder, USA
– Assistent at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin in the group of Computational
– CERN Fellow
– Habilitation at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin in 2007
Thesis on "Gauge Theories with Boundaries on the Lattice"
– Since October 2006 Professor for "High Performance Computing in Theoretical Physics" at the Bergische Universität Wuppertal
– Coordinator of the International Master's Programm "Computer Simulation in Science"